Sunday, January 18, 2009

We Need Each Other

Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).

We need each other. We need the strength that others can provide. The idea that I can go it alone is rooted in pride and a false sense of security.

Jesus sent teams of two out to preach the kingdom of God. When Peter and John were persecuted in Acts 4, they went back to their own company, their brothers and sisters in Christ and had a prayer meeting that shook the house!

When I a young believer, the fellowship of like-minded friends in Christ kept me from going back into the world. They helped me spiritually and showed me that we all struggle at times. They showed me how they kept themselves, and how they handled personal failure. The example of my friends and the personal encouragement they gave me way back then has brought to where I am today.

We simply cannot be strong alone. Cultivate friendships. Make room for others in your life. Look for a younger believer to mentor. The days ahead will require much from us. We are our best when related closely to others. If you’re a part of Victory, I encourage you to get involved in our lifegroups. You’ll find strength and hope there. No one needs to be alone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment