Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pray in Tongues!

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries (1 Corinthians 14:2)For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful (1 Corinthians 14:14). For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2:11 - NIV). Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:27).

So many Spirit-Filled believers underestimate the power of praying in the spirit every day. With the baptism with the Holy Spirit, the Father has given us an ability to pray for things ahead of time. When we pray in tongues, we are praying out the perfect will of God for our lives.

It is not necessary to know what you’re praying about in tongues for it to be effective. That’s what keeps many believers from spending more time praying this way. Your mind will tell you’re that you’re wasting your time while you’re praying in the spirit. And many times the benefits are not immediately recognizable.

Often, I have thoughts come to me, or a reoccurring impression deep inside about things I need to do or things I need to change. These impressions come about because I pray in the spirit daily, allowing spirit to pray about what mind doesn’t know that needs prayer.

If you pray in the sprit daily, you’ll find that things in your life are already prayed about before they come up. I have things happen in relating to people regularly that I knew would occur simply because I pray in the spirit and it’s prayed our well in advance.

I have a habit of planning ahead and not doing things suddenly with natural things. Now, since I’ve learned the value of praying in tongues, I know that I must also pray daily in the spirit to prepare for my tomorrows.

Don’t allow Satan or religious tradition to talk you out of using this valuable prayer tool of praying in tongues. Satan’s kingdom so hates this that he’ll do all kinds of things to convince you not to take the time. Don’t listen to him. Begin today to set aside time to pray in tongues. It will become your most productive time. Your life will change.

3 comments: