Friday, January 2, 2009

My Attitude Towards the Word

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward (Psalm 19:7-11)

The Word is a mirror that we look into daily to see ourselves as the Father sees us, and to see more clearly the way things around us really are. The Word is a cleanser. We washed by the water of the Word. As we read it with the intent to obey, the Holy Spirit enlightens us personally and reveals areas of needed change.

The Word is a filter through which we interpret life in real time. When things come throughout the day that violate it, we choose to act on the Word. The Word Brings needed wisdom to every relationship, every problem, every hardship. What does the Word say should be a constant question that I ask myself.

The Word is a bright light shining on my path. It shows me which decision to make, and shows me when to steer clear of danger ahead.

Acting on the Word as I go through my day ensures me that I’ll be walking in the will of God, and that in the end I will be blessed and be a blessing to others.

The Word builds my ability to trust God in every circumstance. The Word brings stability, hope, constancy, selflessness, courage, faith, love, peace, joy, and right standing with God into my life.

My entire life today in God is intertwined with what I do with the Word. If I neglect it, then I am neglecting Him. Time spent in the Word reading, or through the day musing and meditating on it is time spent with my Father.

Remember, your attitude toward the Word determines the place that God holds in your daily life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment