Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Security During Great Change

On that day I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock. All the nations will gather against it to try to move it, but they will only hurt themselves (Zechariah 12:3- NLT).Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am (John 14:1-3 - NLT).

Israel makes the news headlines every day now, and will until the second coming of Christ! The age of grace is coming to a close. The rapture of the church is sure and I believe soon. God is dealing with Israel again after having set them aside for almost 2000 years. They will stay in the land where they are for eternity! No war will be successful against them. Those who oppose their freedom and occupation of God given territory will inherit a curse!

We are on the cusp of the tribulation time mentioned by the Old Testament prophets, by the Lord Jesus, and Revealed to the Apostle John while exiled in Patmos in The Revelation. Change is the operative word for this era of time. Things that have been bedrocks of security in communities and nations will fall. Every that can be shaken will be.

Don’t attach to natural security blankets. They will fail. The only unshakable items we have are the immovable and immutable promises of God! Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away (Matthew 24:35). Forever O Lord, your word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89). The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever (Isaiah 40:8). So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it will not return to me void, but will accomplish that which I please, and it will prosper in the thing for which it was sent (Isaiah 55:11).

Don’t nonchalantly go about life as though it is business as usual. It isn’t. Violent change is upon us. The earth is groaning and travailing, preparing for the arrival of the Son.

While we are here, let’s be the Salt and Light Jesus has called us to be. Let’s be a people that refuse compromise, that live in His presence, and that are known as the most honest and trusted folk around. People are looking for security these days. Security in only found in the Word of Him who upholds all things!

1 comment:

  1. I am tempted to be scared, but I am only excited!! It makes me pray harder for unsaved loved ones!!
    Angie R.

    ReplyDelete