Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Faith for Answered Prayer

I was raised to believe that answered prayer was relative. You really couldn’t count on the Father to answer your prayers. Sometimes He may say yes, other times He would say no, and sometimes maybe. This idea sapped all the faith for an answer out of me. The best you could do was to hope if you got enough people praying long enough, maybe you could coerce God into answering.

When I made Jesus the Lord of my life, I was totally delighted and shocked to find that the Father longs to answer our prayers, and He wants to say yes every time! All we need to do is to look into the Word to find His will before we pray. His Word is His will!

All things whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive (Matthew 21:22). Whatever things you desire when you pray, believe you receive them, and you will have them (Mark 11:24). If you abide in Me and My Words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done to you (John 15:7). In that day you will ask Me nothing. Whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Up until this time you’ve asked nothing in My name. Ask and you will receive that your joy may be full (John 16:23-24). Whatever we ask we receive from Him because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight (1 John 3:22). This is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know He hears us, whatever we ask, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him (1 John 5:14-15).

These are the promises to answered prayer that I meditate on every day. Every day they revolve around in my mind. I keep my faith built up in the fact that if I pray according to the Word, He hears me, and I’m promised the answer. This eliminates worry and fretting about things that arise in the course of life.

This knowledge of His desire to answer prayer solves most problems. I’ve learned to take everything to Him in believing prayer. That keeps my mind free, my emotions calm, and my spirit in charge. And it keeps me dependent on Him to work in every area of life.

When we choose to live a lifestyle of prayer based on the Word, it brings a ray of sunshine into the darkest day, and brings great peace and joy into everyday life.

How can we lose? How can we but shout for joy! How can we go under in the light of these awesome promises from the Father to care for and to provide! Our God is more than enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment