Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thoughts about Jack Frost


Jack Frost went to be with Jesus on Monday morning at 1 AM. Jack was a friend of mine, and had ministered at Victory Fellowship many times since I came here in 1994. Victory Fellowship has supported his ministry (Shiloh Place) for over a decade.

I met Jack in 1988 when I moved back to South Carolina from Tulsa. I attended a monthly pastor’s fellowship in a pastor’s home and there I became acquainted with Jack and with Chip Judd, another friend who ministers at Victory.

It was wonderful to see how God had transformed Jack over the years from a performance driven person to a person who lived to be in the Father’s presence, and who became a model for believers of transparency, openness, humility, and love. Jack showed us how to bring intimacy with God and others into our lives. His life and teachings helped me immeasurably.

Jack had a fierce battle with illness his last year of life. Of course, those of us who preach and believe in divine healing have questions as to why Jack was not healed. I do not have the answers to these questions.

When things like this happen and I don’t have answers, I remember Deuteronomy 29:29, The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever…1 Corinthians 13:12 in the Amplified reads, For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! When we get to heaven, I’m sure Jesus will reveal to us the answers.

God has not changed. His Word remains forever settled in heaven. Jesus did take our infirmities and He did bear our sicknesses. Jack’s home going does not alter God’s Word to us concerning healing and health.

Don’t let he enemy plant seeds of doubt in your mind. Continue to expect God to watch over His word to perform it in your life. He sent His word and healed us, and delivered us from our destructions! Keep the Word deeply rooted in your heart!

Jack has left a rich residue of ministry behind him here. His ministry resources and fellow laborers will continue the work God began through him at Shiloh Place.

Father, I pray for Trisha, Jack’s children, his extended family, and all those who worked with him at Shiloh Place. May you sustaining Grace under gird them. I surround them with my faith and my love. May the angels of God minister to them, and may the Holy Spirit bring comfort, rest, and peace to each one. Help us all to be an extension of your love to them during this time, in Jesus’ Name.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for articulating many of my own thoughts about this incredible man's life. CBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE. JACK HAS LEFT A LASTING IMPRESSION ON MY LIFE FOREVER! YOU SEE I TOOK MY SISTER TO HIS LAST MEETING AT OUR CHURCH. (WE HAVE DIFFERENT DADS) SHE HAD NEVER HEARD JACK'S MINISTRY, AND WAS IN GREAT NEED OF IT BECAUSE HER DAD ABANDONED HER ALL HER LIFE. SHE HAD GREAT BREAKTHROUGH FROM JACK'S MINISTRY. LATER THAT YEAR MY SISTER'S DAD DIED. SHE HAD FORGIVEN HIM IN HER HEART BECAUSE OF THE HEALING MINISTRY OF JACK FROST! (GOD IS ALWAYS ON TIME) WE WILL MISS HIM HERE, AND CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss Jack here for a while. He is not dead, but is alive in the Father's presence! We will see him again soon enough. What an awesome legacy he has left, what a great example. His friends in the ministry should make certain that they carry the "baton" of the Father's Love, which Jack has passed on to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe what Jack Frost learned from God and shared with the world will be in the hearts of all of us who found healing. I pray that his ministry will continue to be a great blessing. Thank God for healing him and making him a very blessed man

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only came to know of Jack Frost over the last two weeks as a friend shared her DVDs... Trust that his legacy in powerful ministry lives on... He has blessed my life. As I know "True ministry" and as my process continues, I'm passing it on. If only there were more Jack Frosts in the world. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete