Monday, September 19, 2011

Prove Yourself Faithful


So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful (1 Corinthians 4:1-2-NIV).
 
Nothing can take the place of faithfulness in the life of a believer. When filling a position the world looks for qualifications. But when God is looking for someone to work for Him, He looks for faithfulness.
 
Faithfulness has to do with personal character. It’s doing the right thing because of principle rather than personal preference or feeling. What you are in the small things you will be in the big thing God calls you to do. For this reason, the Lord often starts us out in the ministry of helps if He’s calling us to ministry. There in the smaller responsibility character can be proven.
 
The Lord has often placed me in situations that were less than I wanted them to be. I know now that He was seeking to help me build character. He wanted to use me as a pastor so He placed me in situations that I could prove myself faithful when it wasn’t easy; when I disagreed with leadership; when I thought I knew a better way of doing this or that. Thankfully, I passed the tests.
 
The Father requires faithfulness from us all. Faithfulness will open the door to the will of God for your life and will move you into the position that Jesus has for you in the body of Christ. Could you be called a faithful person?
 
Look for ways to be faithful in your local church in the ministry of helps. Remember that the Father sees not only what we do but why we do it. Make a choice to honor the Father with your actions and attitudes. Be respectful of those that the Father places over you in the Lord. Flow with them even when it’s not convenient. If you do, then place the Lord has for in the family will eventually open up to you.
 
You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also (2 Timothy 2:1-2).



0 comments:

Post a Comment