Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Dream


Some time ago I had a dream which I believe was from the Lord. In the dream, I was with a number of people from our church. The setting seemed to be that we were engaging the enemy in some kind of battle. We all had rifles and weapons. I was being fired upon by a guy with a rifle. And I was asking the others with me to help cover me. But instead of helping, they were just sitting there with their arms by their side as if in a semi-conscious state or half-sleeping. They just would not help me. I shot at the enemy myself and I was concerned that I would be hit. Those with me seemed oblivious to my plight! I called out and called out but those with me just would not help me!
 
We are living in dangerous days just prior to the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ. It seems as though we are very close to the time of tribulation spoken of by Jesus. We should be rising up to win the lost and minister to the multitudes in darkness around us. This is the time to believe for a harvest of souls and to be aggressive in the things of God.
 
Yet too many believers act as though they are asleep, absorbed in life and its activities and unaware of the actual dangers that are around spiritually. Soldiers must remain alert if they are to prevail in conflict.
  
A battle is not won by an army of one! A battle is won when the soldiers work together for the common cause of victory, helping one another and together aggressing to root out the enemy. When one soldier is attacked the others come to his aid.
 
Let’s arouse ourselves out of our slumber and pay attention to what happening around us with the deepening darkness. We have the tools for victory in this fight of faith. We have the Word of God, the Name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus, and praise and worship as the weapons of our warfare. If we sleep in the day of battle, we will lose the fight. But if we remain alert and aware, the Lord will enable us to win!
 
And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts (Romans 13:11-14).
 
But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.  But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him (1 Thessalonians 5:1-10).

Stay awake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment