Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Long Life!

With Long Life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation (Psalm 91:16).

In my teenage years, I had a fear of dying young. I had gone with a friend as a twelve or thirteen year old to a Halloween party at a church and there someone read my palm. They told me I would die young because of what they saw in my palm. Fear gripped my heart. (Watch where your kids go, even if it’s a church activity!)

After I was Spirit Filled at age 18 I did a study and found that there was no real set time for each person to die; that we had something to do with how long we lived. I found that God promised us long life, and that we could do things that would lengthen our life, or we could do things that would shorten our life. During this study, the Lord set me free from the fear of death that hung like a cloud over my life.

You shall come to the grave at a full age, as a sheaf of grain ripens in its season (Job 5:26). They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat; for as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, and My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands (Isaiah 65:22). Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span (Exodus 23:25-26, NIV).

You shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you shall possess (Deuteronomy 5:33). So if you walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days (1 Kings 3:14). My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life And peace they will add to you (Proverbs 3:1-2). For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you (Proverbs 9:11). The fear of the LORD prolongs days, but the years of the wicked will be shortened (Proverbs 10:27).

Rid yourself of any fear of a short life span! Expect to be satisfied with long life. Meditate on God’s word, and lengthen your days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment