Friday, March 12, 2010

The Healing Word

He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions (Psalm 107:20).

God revealed Himself as the Lord our physician in Exodus 15:26. Jehovah Rapha is one of His redemptive names. He never changes; what He was, He is.

For health to be a constant in our lives we must let the Word dwell in us richly. Time spend meditating on the healing promises of God is like taking medicine prescribed by a doctor.

I usually take time every day to take my medicine from the Great Physician. Sometimes it’s when I awaken in the middle of the night. Other times it’s just when I wake up in the morning, or throughout the day when I’m driving alone in my car.

For faith to remain high for healing, the healing Word must dwell strongly in us. For the Word to dwell strongly, or to be alive, we must take time with it.

Here are the scriptures that I use as God’s medicine. I’ve planted them in me. They are allowing God’s healing power and His health to keep me every day: Exodus 15:26; Exodus 23:25; Deuteronomy 7:15; Psalm 103: 1-3; Psalm 105:37; Psalm 107:20; Proverbs 4: 20-22; Isaiah 53: 3-5; Matthew 8:17; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 2:24.

For medicine to be effective, it must be taken as prescribed. Hit and miss will not work. That’s the reason so many are hindered in receiving healing. These truths about healing must get way down into our inner consciousness, into our inner belief system, in our sub-conscious, our spirit nature. Daily meditation will plant them there.

A farmer expects to reap a harvest after he plants the seed. He cultivates the soil regularly for maximum results. No planting, no harvest. No cultivating means diminished results.

Maximize God’s healing power in your life today by meditating God’s healing Word several times a day. His Word is spirit and life!

My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22).

0 comments:

Post a Comment