Saturday, March 20, 2010

God's Overwhelming Love

The LORD is gracious and compassionate; slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him…( Psalm 145:8-9,14-20 NIV).

To think that God cares so much about me is still amazing. Bring raised in a denominational church, I saw God as rigid, demanding, critical, aloof, austere, judgmental, harsh, and angry. With the Flintstone’s club in hand, I thought that God was ready at any time to deal to me the fatal blow. After all, I deserved it.

And then I found out that He wasn’t mad at me because of my sin; that He had made full provision for my sins to be cleansed. All I needed to do was to bow my knee and give Jesus the strings of my heart.

Instead of tolerating me, He loved me. And not because He had to, but because He wanted to. And to top it off, He didn’t just love me, He really liked me!

My life began to open up when I found that the Father really, really cared for me. I found that I could tell Him everything about everything in me. He knew it already. He just wanted me to yield the control of my thoughts, desires, and inner drives to Him. He would care for me and help me. All I needed to do was to be transparent, yield, and believe that He was helping me.

The Father wants to be your close companion today. Yield control to Him. Father knows best, even when at the moment you don’t feel that He does. You past, your present, and your future as His great concern. Yield to Him your heart life today. He longs to care for you. He is so pleased when you walk by faith!

0 comments:

Post a Comment