Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Nation in Peril

I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths (2 Timothy 4:1-4- New Living Translation).

My heart is breaking for my nation. I am a US citizen. I love America. But I feel that I am now witnessing the slow and steady dissolution of my nation. Our nation was founded on the principles of self-government under the moral laws of God. Without moral law ruling civil society, breakdown occurs. And our culture is throwing morality to the wind.

The responsibility for what happens to our nation sits at the feel of the church. We the church are responsible to preach the Word of God in season and out of season. We are responsible to reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Sound doctrine has in many church circles been replaced by itching ears preaching that is light on reproving sin and heavy on expounding on blessing.

As a believer, you and I are standard bearers in our community and circles of influence. Demon spirits tout politically correct speech so as to offend no one. Political correctness voids the truth of scripture. Our God given responsibility is to be SALT and LIGHT. Our goal should not primarily be to be accepted by people but to love them and by example show them the way to our Father God through His Son the Lord Jesus. Love stands for what is right and exposes darkness.

Let me say this again. The responsibility for the ills of our nation falls at the feet of the church. The ONLY answer to current problems is repentance and earnest prayer. Current problems are spiritual in nature and their answers are spiritual in scope.

Take time today in your personal prayer life to call on God the Father on behalf of our beloved nation. Confess your own sins and the sins of your nation before Him asking for His mercy.

Judgment is looming on the horizon of time. Prayer brings God’s mercy and justice on the scene. Let’s ask Him for revival in hearts and spiritual renewal in our nation. It is our nation’s only hope.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land
(2 Chronicles 7:14). Are we doing this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment