Saturday, August 22, 2009

The High Praises of God

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand; to execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; to execute upon them the judgment written: this honor have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD (Psalm 149:6-9).

In the verse above, notice that offered praise becomes a double edged sword in the realm of the spirit. The plans of those opposing the Word and the purposes of the kingdom of God are hindered. The binding of their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron refers to the demonic forces In the unseen realm. Praise stops them in their tracks!

God inhabits praise! There is a manifestation of His kingdom power where praise is offered. The principalities, the powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, the wicked spirits in the heavenlies mentioned in Ephesians 6:12 are hindered in their exploits of stealing, killing and destroying when saints begin to praise!

The children of Israel noticed that when they put the tribe of Judah in the front lines of battle that the fight was easier and they won! Paul and Silas’ prison chains fell off during an episode of praise! Don’t take this lightly, it works!

Take up praise as a weapon of spiritual warfare today. When doubt, fear, discouragement, depression, sickness, or lack attacks your life, get out the weapon of praise!

Back in 1985, I was attacked with terrible flu symptoms. Everything hurt! I called my secretary and cancelled my appointments for the day. I was listening to scriptures on healing as I lay in bed, and the Lord spoke so clearly to me. If you believe you’re healed, get up and act like it! I knew He was right, and got up and began to walk around my bedroom with my hands lifted praising God for my healing. For about ten minutes I ached and hurt and praised! Then, just like a bird flying away, every flu symptom disappeared! I was totally healed.

Right in the middle of your life circumstances today begin to offer the sacrifice of praise. You’ll find God kingdom manifesting in your life and you’ll find that the enemy will back up! Praise is an awesome weapon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment