Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Going to Receive!

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood (Acts 20:28).

At times I just need to go receive from the Lord for me so that I can more effectively minister. You can’t give what you don’t have!

This morning I leave for Gatlinburg,Tennessee, where I will be attending a Word and Spirit seminar. Randall Grier was influenced personally by Kenneth Hagin before Rev. Hagin went to be with Jesus in 2003. Randall has a prophetic twist to his ministry and has some things to say about the church today, and where we are headed in the next few years. I felt a prompting from the Holy Spirit to take time to go to this meeting this week. I’m expecting to receive from the Lord!

I’ll be twittering when possible. And I’ll keep my blog going each day. I return on Friday! Pastor Mike will be ministering on Wednesday night, and I’m sure that he will have a “now” word for our church. Don’t miss it!

Here’s a statement from Randall Grier taken from his e-newsletter that explains what he will be addressing in the meetings I attend.

Randall Grier
The Lord Jesus Christ spoke to me about a split, separation or division, taking place in the church world. Out of this split two types of churches will emerge. One type will be an informational church and the other type will be a revelation church. Jesus said, “This split or division has been going on for about three years but it will increase greatly in the next year and a half because of the popularity of informational type churches. Informational churches are not built on the Word of God but on the plans of men and they will eventually implode because of sin and false doctrine. I will establish those who have built their church on My revelation and My Word and they will flourish and grow.”

There is much more that the Lord said to me about this and I will be speaking on this subject at our Word and Spirit meeting next week. It will not cost you but it will pay you to be there to hear what the Lord is saying and doing in the church today. I look forward to seeing you there.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to hear what is revealed to you Pastor and your take on what you hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Pastor, I am praying you receive all that God has for you and us too! I have been "raised" in the Kenneth Hagin type Word churches and I love what God has done thru the faith movement and am very thankful for what it has imparted to His Body for this day we are living in--Oh how we need faith!! I also see the need added to that foundational teaching to enjoy some words of knowledge, wisdom, and prophecy to further propel us in the things we have faith for. I often think of the scripture "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge". I suspect that is not just "logos knowledge but also the knowledge of the spirit of revelation manifest thru the gifts of words knowledge, wisdom and prophecy. Enjoy your conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! We'll be praying that you bring back the word for us! How wonderful it is to serve a Living God that never stops believing in us.

    ReplyDelete