Monday, January 2, 2012

Be a Doer of the Word


Being a doer of the Word causes the Father to begin to work in your life. You see, He watches over His Word to bring it to pass. All of heaven is back of His Word. When you take the Word seriously, it gives the Father permission to work on your behalf.
  
All spiritual failure can be traced back to neglect of the Word. To hear and not practice is like looking at yourself in the mirror and forgetting the image of what you saw. The Word gives you the image of how the Father really sees you. This perfect law of liberty will cut the cords of the past and set a course for your future that lines up with the Father’s will. But you must act.
  
For us to turn a deaf ear to what the Father has spoken by failure to act is to thumb our nose at the cross and resurrection of Jesus. Doing the Word makes the New Covenant real in your life. Being a doer of the Word clears the fog from the un-renewed mind and shines light on the pathway of life.
  
To refuse to act on the Word is to walk in darkness. The Father must back away when we choose to hear and not obey. Blessings are promised to those who act on the Word. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19). Failure to act brings the curse as the Father is forced by our inaction to back away. But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword"; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken (Isaiah 1:20).
 
The following is a very sobering scripture. It shows the results if we stubbornly choose to cling to our own thoughts and ways and neglect to act on the Word.
Be the person who is blessed by the Father today by choosing to act on the Word at all times!

Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, because you disdained all my counsel, and would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, when your terror comes like a storm, and your destruction comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord, they would have none of my counsel and despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, and be filled to the full with their own fancies. For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil (Proverbs 1:24-33).
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment