Monday, February 22, 2010

I Am The Lord Who Heals You


He said,If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you (Exodus 15:26-NLT).

Once again, my heavenly Father has been faithful to me. I am totally well today. My healing is completely manifested. Thanks to all who prayed for me. I think this is one of the top four physical attacks I've faced in my entire life! I'm not sure yet what this was (all the tests have not come in yet), but I can assure you it was from hell!

I miss the church family at Victory. I certainly didn't want to miss the services yesterday, but I needed to rest and recover. Thank you to Pastor Mike and my great staff of paid and volunteer leaders. You all do an exemplary job of serving the body of believers at Victory and helping me to carry out the purpose of God for our church.

You can learn from every life experience, both the good and the bad. Here are my thoughts on the first day of complete recovery:

1) Health is a valuable asset. Never take it for granted. Thank God every day for Jesus taking your sins and sicknesses on the cross. Thank Him for being faithful to answer prayer and to be with you in all of life's experiences. We are never, ever truly alone.

2) A family that loves you is a precious gift from God. My wife and daughters helped me so much the last few days. I'm a very independent person. When forced by circumstance to depend on others, I see how precious they are to have in my life.

3) A pastor with a faithful staff filled with integrity is blessed. I just have the best staff in the world! Jesus is doing some really fresh things in our church family, and it's not because of me! It's because we are choosing to seek God together and to follow Him with passion. It's because each person is choosing to individually seek the Father for His highest and best for their life and t heir family.

4) Jesus is faithful. A your lowest moments, He is there to help. He has already made provisions for all of our needs to be met. All we need to do is to respond to Him in faith as we ask Him to meet us, and then expect Him to do it. Then, He also responds to the prayers of others on your your behalf. With such a wonderful person as Jesus looking out for you, you just can't loose!

5) Use what is available to help you. Many thanks to John Kazda, a Physician's Assistant who went to Ethiopia with me for prescribing an antibiotic that was instrumental in stopping whatever this was that attacked me! You're such a blessing John. John has a great heart of compassion for people, as was evidenced as he helped a few people medically while in Ethiopia.

Let's give Jesus our best today: spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically!

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for making you well!!Prayers were answered..The Bailey's

    ReplyDelete