Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Your Thoughts

What if your thoughts manifested in your life! What would you be physically, spiritually, financially, relationally, if the thoughts you entertain actually played out in real time?

Well, look around, because that is exactly what’s happening! Proverbs 23:7 reveals, For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. In many ways, we become what we think!

My life dramatically changed when I took the Word of God seriously and began to meditate on it. Instead of thinking and pondering my weaknesses and inabilities, I began to make myself think on the Word. Instead of I’m no good, I began to think, I’m a new creature in Christ Jesus. Instead of thinking about all the wrong I had done, I began to think, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.

Instead of thinking the self-pity thoughts, the Lord isn’t doing anything for me, and He really doesn’t care anyway, I began to think, God is working in me to will and to do His good pleasure! I began to think, I am accepted in the beloved! I am an heir of God, a child of God, who is highly loved and valued by Him!

Instead of thinking hopelessly of how all my problems were going to crush me I began to think, if God is for me, who can be against me! He that gave His Son Jesus for me has promised to freely help me in life’s fight. I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me!

Instead of thinking about all that I didn’t have, I began to think, My God meets all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus! Instead of thinking of getting sick when something was going around, I began to think with His stripes I am healed! I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

It’s easy to focus only on the urgent and not the important. It’s easy to look at what isn’t happening and to look only on the circumstances all around you. But if you want to change, change your thinking! Start meditating on the Word today.

Joshua 1:8 says that we should meditate on the Word regularly and that if we do we will begin to prosper and have good success! Take God at His Word today, and force your mind to think on what God says about your life. Make yourself do it! At first, you may struggle to keep you thoughts away from the negative and keep them on the Word, but just keep practicing it until it becomes a habit.

Change only comes to our lives when we change what we’re thinking. So don’t put it off. Start today to meditate on the Word. Say what God says about you.

Refuse to give in to negative circumstances and feelings. God will honor His Word in your life if you will honor Him with your thoughts. Watch carefully what you think on today. It determines your tomorrows!

2 comments:

  1. In line totally with my scripture reading this morning. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 Furthermore, brethren, we beg and admonish you in the Lord Jesus, that you learned from us about how you ought to walk as to please and gratify God, as indeed you are doing, and that you do even more and more abundantly ( attaining yet greater perfection in living this life).

    God says HE works in those who believes. Regardless of what we may see, we need to believe God is working on our breakthrough. Confessing HIS word about us and not letting the enemy or the world who has no clue about true living, is crucial.

    Thank you Pastor! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and amen! The Holy Spirit revealed to me that my thoughts are a magnifying glass. So, it is imperative that I keep my thoughts on what the Word says and not what circumstances say. Which are we going to beleive? That is basically what it comes down to. I choose to believe what God says about me and become that! Afterall, He is not a man that he would lie.

    ReplyDelete