Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Time of Waiting on the Lord

The Holy Spirit manifested Himself during our worship time last night in our Wednesday service and brought His refreshing upon us. Instead of preaching, we lingered for the remainder of the service in His presence.

The Lord emphasized to us the need to wait quietly upon Him and in that quietness listen for His voice. He reminded us that though the days ahead may be filled with difficulty, we need not fear. He is always with us the guide, direct, and strengthen.

He also emphasized the importance of taking time to pour our hearts out to Him in prayer and expect Him to minister to us. He wants us to live out of REST, not out of busy striving.

Let's make sure that we make time for the Lord each day. I normally get up early so that I can wait on the Lord in quietness and without distraction. This has served me well over the years. If we don't take time to wait in quietness, we may not hear what He wants to say to us about our day or the direction we're taking. Our provision may be directly linked to our hearing, so it's all the more important to take the time to hear what He wants to say!

The Lord quickened Psalm 62 to my heart last night. He is the portion that I read in the New Living Translation:


I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. So many enemies against one man— all of them trying to kill me. To them I'm just a broken-down wall or a tottering fence. They plan to topple me from my high position. They delight in telling lies about me. They praise me to my face but curse me in their hearts. Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge (Psalm 62:1-8).

1 comment:

  1. Gpd is so awesome. He has been calling me to spend more time with him and to stand on His Word.Last night was truly a blessing for me. nj

    ReplyDelete