Thursday, November 20, 2008

Don't Wring Your Hands

Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don't really need to write you. For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When people are saying, "Everything is peaceful and secure," then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman's labor pains begin. And there will be no escape. But you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief. For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don't belong to darkness and night. So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded. Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk. But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing (1Thessalonians 5:1-11- NLT)

The Lord spoke to us through prophecy in the 9:00 am service this past Sunday. I’ll post it below. This is a great time of adjustment and change worldwide. The earth is being prepared for the return of Christ. At the same time, Satan is seeking to exalt His man of sin, the Anti-Christ, and thwart the purposes of God. So there is mush conflict in the air worldwide politically, economically, socially, and spiritually. Don’t be shaken by the great changes. We’ll be transported to heaven soon via the rapture. Get yourself ready for the days to come. The ride may be a bit bumpy, so hang on tight to your faith and confidence in the Father. And live in a way that your life is such a witness to others that they ask you questions. Then just pour your heart out to them. The Holy Spirit will help you!

Here’s the Word the Father gave us Sunday. Allow it to edify, exhort, and comfort you!

Don’t wring your hands, and don’t grimace your face and say, “Oh God what are we going to do, and what about the future time, what’s going to be happening in the weeks and months to come?” No, lift your hands, and lift your voice, and lift your face, for I’m the God of glory, and I’m the God of grace. For everything is going just the way that I designed that it go. That which is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in My sight. For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” And so these are the days that I’m going to shine, not in the way that your mind would conceive, but in the way that I design that I shine. For I will shine in your weakness, I will shine in your need, and I will be a light in the midst of darkness. And the darker the darkness gets, the brighter My light will be in you. This is not a time to wring your hands and grimace. This is a time to lift your hands and make straight the feeble knees, and make a straight path for your feet. For I’ll show myself strong in you. Those things that have bothered you, those things that have kept you from me, I am instilling in you and equipping you with my ability to overcome them. You will be My people. You will be called by My name. There will be a move of My Spirit in this hour, for heaven is in preparation for your coming. So prepare yourself for the days ahead, and be enthused because your God is for you, not against you. Things are not out of control, they are in My control, says the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that Pastor Mitch it will be good to have on hand to re-read and to pass along.
    I really appreciate your teaching and all you do. And as one of the people you prayed for Sunday that meant a lot also! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete