Saturday, November 8, 2008

Abandon Yourself to His Care



For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matthew 16:25-26).

Life is full of the unknown. We are finite beings in relationship with the infinite God Almighty! His desire is that we give ourselves unreservedly to Him in faith and surrender. Jesus said that if we love our natural life more than our relationship with Him, then we would suffer great harm and loss. But, He continued, if we put our relationship with Him first and foremost, then He would see that both natural and spiritual needs are satisfied!

When confronted last week with great danger when fighting broke out while I was in the Congo, I found a great sense of security on knowing that my life was wrapped up in the will of God. The safest place to be is in His will! If you are doing what He is asking of you, and are purposing to please Him, then things will work out for good in your life.

Instead of bemoaning the circumstances that suddenly change, let’s learn to “roll with the punches” that life brings and lean on the eternal faithfulness of our infinite God! He is bigger than every circumstance that looms before us. He always sees the end from the beginning. He knows the crooks and bends in our road of life. As we trust Him with faith and patience, He will shine His light on our path and make a way for us.

Resist the temptation today to worry or complain about the “suddenly” things that surprise you in life. Take one day at a time, and expect your Father to take care of you. He has never failed a person who really trusts Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Pastor Mitch,
    Again, so glad you are home.

    Thank you for asking those of us who needed prayer for "suddenly" things that surprise you in life.
    I thought that was a WALL that had came crumbling down, but found my spirit yelling out for prayer on this Sunday, late service. It does and can ruin your day, life when things don't go as expected or planned. I gave it to our Lord, our God our Saviour and I know he will not fail me if I put my trust in Him. I know His light will shine on my path for me to see my way, my hand in His hand, just like he has always done and still is doing.

    Was good to see you back and safe.
    Thanks for all you do for our Lord and for VF. God uses you in an awesome way, and for us that are hungry and tired your teaching, preaching is a filling and refreshing time in the Lord.


    Love, Peace + Joy to you and Susan

    ReplyDelete