Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We've Arrived!

He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak. Even the youths shall be exhausted, and the young men will all give up. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:29-31 – Living Bible).

Tired and worn out definitely describes how I feel after a 34 hour trip to India (including layovers). Bruce and I arrived at our destination about 1:00 am your time Tuesday morning (11:30 am Tuesday here). Our travel was good, just long! A shower and change of clothes, and a hearty meal refreshed us upon arrival.

We’re going to take some time tomorrow to recover from the trip and to study for the pastor’s conference. Then I think we’re going to minister tomorrow night at a village meeting.

My blackberry isn’t working here yet, but if I can resolve the problem tomorrow, I will try to make contact while we’re in meetings via twitter/facebook.

Bruce and I just had a good dinner of some really spicy cultural food here. And I’m heading to my room for some sleep. There’s a 10½ time difference between where we are and the States. It’s presently 9:00 pm on Tuesday evening/ 10:30 am your time.

It’s great to know that wherever you are in the world, the Father is right there with you, and the Spirit of God is in you, so you’re never alone!

Thanks to all who are praying for us. I’ll be in touch soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment