Thursday, July 14, 2016

What Do You Say To People Who Don't Understand It When You're Standing In Faith?

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them (Mark 11:24).
Some time ago a person asked me a question regarding how to stand in faith when the people around you don’t understand how faith works. The person mentioned to me that when I talk about walking by faith and believing that I receive from the Lord, I usually don’t tell others that I’m in a battle. I usually just act on the word, believe that I receive the answer to my prayer, and act as though I have the answer. The question was, how do you relate closely to others when believing you receive if you don’t talk to them about it?
Faith is believing God’s word in the face of physical contradiction. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is the substance (literally- the title deed) of the things we hope for and the evidence (that which supports the existence of something) of things not seen. Faith takes the place of what you don’t physically have until it shows up! Faith is the guarantee that what you are believing for exists, and if you continue to believe it will sooner or later manifest in the physical realm.
Another aspect of faith is that it is released with words. Hebrews 11:3 reveals: By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Faith and words go hand in hand. So, if I’m really standing in faith and not doubting God’s Word to me, then I have a confident expectation that what God promised me belongs to me right now! And if I have the expectation that what God promised me belongs to me right now, then I’m going to reflect that confidence in what I say! You could say it this way, if I’m not talking by faith, then I’m not walking by faith!
So how do I relate to others when I’m believing I receive and still struggling with circumstances that are grueling and tough and still look and feel terrible? Here’s what separates the men from the boys. If I really believe that I receive what I’m believing for, then I’m really excited inside about it eventually manifesting. And every day there is an expectation that what I’m believing God for will manifest that day!
If it’s obvious to those that I closely relate to that I haven’t received the manifestation of what I believe and they ask me about it, I respond: Yes, it may look that way, but according to God’s word I have believed that I receive the answer to my prayer of faith. And I believe that my faith is giving substance to what I’ve hoped for. One day you’ll see that I have what I asked for! Please agree with me in faith as I stand, will you?
Of course, if a person is struggling to stand in faith, and they are having a hard time with the circumstance, then close friendships with folk that will assist in faith can be a great encouragement.
If you are struggling to stand in faith, take the struggle to the Lord and pour your heart out to Him and tell Him in detail what you think and feel. But don’t just stop there. Go to His Word, and meditate on His Word that promises you an answer. Then go to a person who will stand in faith with you, and have them agree with you in prayer. We can be a great strength to each other when facing a crisis.
 
Let me mention here to make sure that you go to a person who will encourage you in faith and not drag you down further into the circumstance by siding with your doubts! Some people will never hear from me if I’m standing in faith and need encouragement, because I know they will only be pessimistic and not help me! So find a believer, a person who will encourage you and let them agree with you in faith. And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities (Hebrews 10:24).

0 comments:

Post a Comment