Friday, March 27, 2015

Learn To Be Independent of Circumstances!

No, I have learned in whatever condition I am, to be independent of circumstances. I am schooled to bear the depths of poverty, and I am schooled to bear abundance. In life as a whole, and all its circumstances, I have mastered the secret of living – how to be the same amidst repletion and starvation, amidst abundance and privation. I am equal to every lot through the help of Him who gives me inward strength (Philippians 4:11 – A.S. Way Translation).
Spiritual Maturity enables us to endure any situation with confidence. The Lord wants us to get to the place that nothing moves us. He wants us to be able to be the same during times of prosperity and poverty; during times of great victory, and in times of tremendous duress.
  
Spiritual maturity means that we are not affected by outward things, but are only moved by the internal standard of God’s Word and His unconditional love for us.
The more we are moved by circumstances, the less we are influenced by the Word of God. When our spirit nature gains the ascendancy in our lives, circumstances have less and less effect upon us.
Years ago, Smith Wigglesworth used to say: I’m not moved by what I see. I’m not moved by what I see. I’m moved only by what I believe.
Start now to act on God’s Word throughout your day. Decide to be a doer of the Word in every circumstance of the day. In the office setting, at home with the kids, with the obstinate person in traffic, or alone with your own thoughts; decide to put God’s Word first place in your life.
Little by little you’ll become independent of circumstances. God will be able to use you in the most difficult situations, because He can trust you to stand strong and not waver.
  
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? (Romans 8:31-32).

0 comments:

Post a Comment