Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Attitude Is Everything When You're In A Tough Place!

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials (James 1:2).
If we have the right attitude, then every challenge and hardship that comes our way can be an opportunity to become a stronger believer. Satan often brings tests and challenges into our lives to defeat us. He has yet to learn that the very think he uses to defeat us is the very thing that enables our spiritual muscles to become strong!
 
When we resist the pressure of difficult circumstance with the Word of God, we grow a bit spiritually. When we choose to keep our chin up when things “go south,” we’re choosing to allow our spirit to override our fleshly responses, and we’re gaining ground in the spirit.
 
If you’re going through a hard time and you feel stuck, as though there’s no way out, look up! Expect the Father to make a way for you! Instead of whining and complaining about how hard it is, look up to the Father and give thanks for His goodness and expect Him to deliver you.
Your attitude in a test shows where your focus is! Don’t look the things seen and felt, look at the Word and God’s promises to deliver and help! While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).
He’s promised to never leaver or forsake us (Heb. 13:5); to be with us in trouble (Psalm 91:15); to be our very present help (Psalm 46:1); that we are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37); and to deliver us from difficulty (Psalm 37: 39-40).
A few years ago I was on top of a mountain in Ethiopia, in the midst of pouring rain, slogging uphill in mud. Inches of mud were caked on both feet. My clothes were soaked through. I was not happy! I thought about the importance of my attitude. I could not change the circumstance I was in. I had to go through it. So I just determined to use the experience as a spiritual stepping stone, and began to praise God for His goodness in my life, and for helping me get through this. It made the two and a half mile trek through the mud, rain, and cold much shorter!
 

Make sure your attitude point you to the Father and His Word during the challenges of today! If you do, tonight you’ll be stronger!

0 comments:

Post a Comment