Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thank you Lord


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.  Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies (Psalm 107:1-2)
  
Take some time today to reflect on your life, and in a heartfelt way thank God for His blessings. I turned 53 years old this year, and if you look at the list of folk I hung out with in my teen years, I simply should not have had a positive life. Thankfully, through the prayers of my mother and others, God intervened.
  
MY best friend from my childhood committed suicide in his late thirties. Another friend was imprisoned for selling cocaine. Another committed murder. Yet another committed suicide. And I really don’t think I would be alive today without God, bottom line.
  
I can take no credit for anything the Father uses me to do. For without Him, I am absolutely worthless. Outside of Jesus, I am a crude, selfish, arrogant bag of wind! But thank God, in Him I am a brand new person! My identity in life is now wrapped up in Him. I am hidden with Christ in God! What I was has disappeared. Jesus Christ made me a new creature. The old things left, and He replaced all my mess with Himself. I diligently seek Him today and everyday, because I dare not look back to what I was.
   
The truth for all of us is that if you cease to walk in the light, darkness will fill the void. I cannot and will never look back. What I was will never be again, by God’s grace. I have family friends, a beautiful wife, wonderful children, a church full of some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. All because of Jesus Christ. All because of His great sacrifice for me.
 
Lord, thank you for your great and tender mercy on me. Thank you for not giving me what I deserve in life. Thank you for your grace that has taken my mess, wiped it away, and replaced it with your abundant and merciful blessings. All that I am, all that I have, all that I will ever be is in your hands. With all of my heart Lord, thank you for placing your hand on my life. Let me never take You and Your blessings for granted.
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment