Tuesday, June 7, 2011

His Good Pleasure

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world (Philippians 2:12-15).

I’d like to share with you something that happened some time ago. I had a real challenging situation in my personal life to deal with and the Lord just simply showed Himself strong! He’s just the best! Due to the nature of the situation I can’t be specific. But I can say that when something comes up in life that makes you want to pull your hair out, don’t do it! Instead, cast your cares and lean on the Father to work out the details and to give you wisdom in the process.

In this instance my natural man wanted to get in a person’s face and have some pretty bold and hard discussion. I was angry. And I had a right to be. But I decided to give up my rights for a higher cause. The cause is God working in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure! He wants to work out of me the edge I get when I’ve been wronged in a legal way and I deserve to be right! And the Lord wants to work in the other person too. My response determines what God can do!

So, going into this situation to confront it, I prayed and asked the Father to breathe His life on this situation and to help me respond in Christ instead of in my flesh. I decided to put my rights last and God’s kingdom in my life first. It wasn’t easy, because the law and legal matters were on my side. But I prayed, asking the Lord to open my heart and the heart of the other person, who is not saved. I bound Satan from interfering, and cast all my worries about it on the Lord.

To my surprise, the person’s demeanor changed. The situation took a u-turn, and I think really worked out for the good of all involved. I’m believing for the person’s salvation, and this turn in the situation I believe will open the door for that!

I encourage you to refuse to act suddenly and rashly as you deal with other. Bathe your life in prayer. Talk to the Father about all your thoughts and feelings, casting every fear and worry on Him by faith. Expect Him to work on your behalf. He wants to use every situation that you face for your good and for His glory! You attitude is the deciding factor!

1 comment:

  1. You'll really thank God for your enemies,...my grandfather told us that...I can see it demonstrated in your story. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete