Friday, April 15, 2011

Turn Thoughts into Prayer!

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2). My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you (Galatians 4:19).

Some time ago, I was awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the one of my ministry friends on my heart. He’s going through what may be one of the greatest tests of his life to date. When I woke up, not only did I have him on my mind, but I had him in my emotions too. I felt what he felt; which was loneliness, isolation, hopelessness, etc. The sense was very strong and I recognized that the Father was giving me intercession for him. I was taking his place in pray. They Lord rolled his burden upon me for a few minutes as I wept and prayed.

When a person comes to your mind, day or night, it just may be the Holy Spirit urging you to pray. When He wants to minister to someone, that ministry starts in prayer. He usually alerts someone close to the person to make intercession.

In 2004 my appendix burst mid flight on the first leg of a trip to India. The Father gave my mother intercession for me two weeks before and as a result, I’m still alive!

My Father was given a dream about me in August of 1995, and He prayed for me for most of the next day. The following day I was involved in an auto accident that could have been devastating. It resulted in only damage to the car. Neither me nor the other person involved were physically hurt. My father’s prayers were answered.

In 1984, I was involved in another car incident where my car careened down and icy hill and almost fell 20 feet down into a manmade, cement bottomed stream. My mother had intercession for me several weeks before and again my life was spared. My only injury was a broken wrist!

God gave me intercession for a backslidden friend years ago during my morning devotional time with Him. I felt lost and away from God the way my friend was at the time. He called me a few days later and shared with me the story of his repentance and return to the Lord. The Father answers prayer!

Don’t take lightly the faint thoughts of others that invade your consciousness. Someone’s life could be handing in the balance. Take time to pray!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lord, help me to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ as I'am needed and guiged by your spirit...while this is a heavy burden sometimes...it is not like the burden you carried for me...help me to intercede and to tarry for the lost and the hurting as you did for me....and forgive me where I fell short....

    ReplyDelete