Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thoughts About Heaven

For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. (Philippians 1:21-23).
Precious in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His saints (Psalm 116:15).

Susan’s mom went home to heaven sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning very early. Obviously my mind has been occupied with this the past couple of days. One thing that helps me is to know that death is only a beginning, not an ending. Mrs. Benton went immediately to heaven at death. She’s been being reacquainted with so many family members and friends there.

Your family and friends who have died and are Christians are doing well right now. Paul said death is far better than the life we have now (Philippians 1)!

Heaven is filled with activity! You’ll be meeting family and friends who have died long ago; perhaps helping to get ready for the rapture, where millions and millions of Christians worldwide will ascend to heaven and need a place to live there (John 14:1-3). Perhaps preparations will be underway for the millennial reign of Jesus, and he will be talking about how we will rule and reign with Him during that time. I’m just mentioning some of this to show you that heaven is not unlike living here on earth, except for that fact that all negative things resulting from the fall are absent there!

I’m just sure that knowing Mrs. Benton the way that I did, that she has mentioned her untimely home-going to her friends and family in heaven; how much she would love to see her family here on earth, and how amazing it is to be in heaven in her spirit form. I’m sure she’s looked at her youthful appearance there and has been delighted to once again be the beautiful young lady she was years ago.

We have so much to look forward to! The sting of death is only that we’ll be temporarily separated from those we care about. But the next life is a million time better than your best day now! We’ve only just begun to live!

0 comments:

Post a Comment