Sunday, January 24, 2010

Missions Trip Begins Today!

And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed." When the Lord Jesus had finished talking with them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand. And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs (Mark 16:15-20).

Today, after I minister in our two Sunday services at Victory, I leave on a 17 day trip to Ethiopia. The ministry team will consist of two church members, John Kazda and Dave Ford, and Bruce McDonald and me.

We will arrive in Ethiopia on Tuesday after taking flights through London, England and Dubai, UAE. We will minister throughout Southern Ethiopia where we have 16 churches under the name of Victory Fellowship. We will also minister to pastors in another group of churches that has 80 or so churches involved. In both of these places we will conduct both pastor's conferences and evangelistic crusades.

Then we will head to the remote areas of Southwestern Ethiopia where we will minister the the people of the Omo valley where we have 2 churches.

We will rent an SUV when we arrive and will have traveled over 1200 miles round trip upon completion of our journey. I ask you to agree with us in prayer for safety while we travel. Pray that the Lord will touch the hearts of these pastors as we minister, and that many will be born again in our crusades, and that the Holy Spirit will minister healing and wholeness.

I'll post blogs as I am able while away. Internet access is scarce in Southern Ethiopia. From my Blackberry I will also seek to send "tweets" from my Twitter account. They will appear on the left of my blog. I will also try to upload pictures. All of this of course will depend on the availability of phone and internet service.

So keep checking this blog and I'll keep you updated as much as possible during the next 17 days! God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment