Saturday, October 31, 2009

Missions Trip begins Tomorrow

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. (20) Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:19-20 – NLT).

After I minister in our 11:00 am service tomorrow, I’ll be leaving for India, where Bruce McDonald and I will hold a Pastor’s conference and conduct evangelistic meetings in small villages.

I’ll be meeting Bruce in London, and we will go together to India. We covet your prayers for safe travel; for the Spirit of God to minister refreshing and encouragement to the pastors; and for many to be born again during the nightly crusades.

In the past, there has been some opposition to the gospel in the city where we will minister. Please pray with us that the Lord will open a door for the Word of God to be preached boldly through us there.

I’ll be in touch as much as possible. If I can get twitter to work there I’ll send brief updates and you’ll see them on the left side of my blog.

I can’t emphasize enough the importance of prayer as we minister. We’ve been delivered from some tough circumstances on past trips as the result of your praying. Thanks in advance for beseeching God for us!

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord's message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2- NLT).

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike (Ephesians 6:18-19-NLT).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pastor Mitch,

    You had tears in your eyes at the close of the 9 a.m. service when you were praying for us, your flock, that God watch over us and keep us, protect us.
    WE TOO HAVE TEARS IN OUR EYES TO SEE OUR PASTOR GO AWAY (ALL FOR A GOOD REASON). WE CRY OUT TO GOD AS WELL AND ASK THAT HE KEEPS YOU, WATCHES OVER YOU AND PROTECTS YOU AS WELL AS THE ONES GOING WITH YOU.

    WE LOVE YOU AND SUSAN.

    YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE COVERED IN PRAYER WHILE YOU ARE GONE!!!
    Bring back to us 'THE GOOD NEWS'

    In Love & Peace,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete