Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Fresh Move of the Holy Spirit

Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone (Zechariah 10:1) And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing (Isaiah 10:27 -KJV)

I mentioned in our Wednesday night service the need for us to pursue God from our hearts and for us to prepare and atmosphere for the Holy Spirit to manifest. There is a moving of the Holy Spirit known to previous generations that will be lost unless we began again to court the presence of God!

I quoted last night an excerpt from a newsletter by Randy Grier about a separation in the church world that has occurred. Here’s the excerpt I mentioned:

In September 2007, I was spending time fasting, praying and seeking the Lord. One morning, I was setting at my desk meditating on the Bible. The Spirit of God spoke to me and said, “There is a split, separation or division taking place in the church. Out of this church split two types of churches will emerge. One will be an Informational Church and the other will be a Revelational Church.” The Lord Jesus told me that He was telling me this so I could watch out for it and prepare for it. I was impressed not to say anything publicly about it at that time. I still have the piece of paper where I wrote down what was told me that day. On August 4, 2009 the Lord Jesus spoke to me about this church split again. I was ministering in a church service when the Spirit of God gave me more revelation on the Informational Churches and Revelational Churches. The Lord continued to deal with me about this into the early morning hours of August 5, 2009. Jesus said, “This split or division has been going on for about three years (since 2006) but it will increase greatly in the next year and a half because of the popularity of informational type churches. Informational churches are not built on the Word of God or My leading, but on the plans of men and they will eventually implode because of sin and false doctrine. I will establish those who have built their church on My revelation and My Word and they will flourish and grow.” (From http://randallgrierministries.org/ September Magazine, page 2)

I came to Jesus in the midst of the Charismatic Movement. In 1976 there was a move of the Holy Spirit in the Charismatic church I attended in my home town and denominational people would come to our Thursday midweek service and receive the Baptism With the Holy Spirit. The power and presence of God would manifest tangibly in our meetings as we worshipped. People would be set free from sin, sickness, and all kinds of addictions! God manifested Himself because we were hungry!

We are living in a culture that is bound by all kinds of addictions and that flaunts loose living like a badge of honor! And Jesus wants to manifest Himself through the church with POWER so they can be set free! For that to happen, we must begin to seek Him and ask for Him to manifest Himself to the church and through the church. Then, we must prepare ourselves by prayer and consecration; taking time to spend with the Lord, asking Him to manifest the splendor of Himself in our meetings and through our personal lives!

It seems that our culture wants a form of religion but does not want the power of God! God’s power will confront character issues! And this is the reason that we must band together and begin to pray and seek God, so that the manifestation of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit will come to this current generation!

In a few weeks, I’m going to call for a corporate fast for our church for those who want to go with me in asking the Father for a fresh move of the Holy Spirit in the church at large. I’ll discuss this again tomorrow! Give me your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased, Pastor, to see you making the right choices at this crossroads in time for HIS body and this local body of believers. Without uncompromising leadership, the body of Christ will not follow in the right direction as we are like "sheep".

    Without emphasis on extended corporate worship and prayer meetings, we may not experience the breakthrough needed at this time. It is through the Word but COUPLED with the thrust of the power of PRAYER and PRAISE that the breakthrough is won and victorious living (holiness, health, joy, love, etc) is achieved.

    As we continue in this direction; we will gather momentum and the local body will hunger for these prayer and praise meetings because the fruit of it will leave us craving for more!!!

    I believe leadership has to open the gates wide for the sheep to go thru. Leadership sets the tone. I agree with you and I say "turn up the volume" :)

    ReplyDelete