Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tulsa Trip

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend
(Proverbs 27:17).

Susan and I have been in Tulsa since Wednesday attending a pastor's conference at Grace Church with Bob Yandian. We have both been refreshed by the Word from Jesse Duplantis, and from Pastor Bob Yandian. We've met some old friends that we haven't seen in over 20 years.

Tonight we just returned from a meal after service with Pastor Bob, Loretta and some other long standing staff members at Grace. Iron Sharpens iron. It's a joy to have friendships that can be rekindled after years of time.

I will always be indebted to Pastor Bob for seeing the embryo of ministry deep within me when I was in my early 20's and giving me an opportunity to spread my wings in ministry.

We also met with Rachel Hicks for lunch today. Rachel is attending ORU and for those who don't know her; she's such a sweet girl from our church. It was a delight for Susan and I to spend some time with her today.

This afternoon, Ron McIntosh took us on a tour of Victory Christian Center's new 36 million dollar facility. It's an breathtaking, vision-expanding experience!

Then before the evening conference session, we had dinner with a friend and his wife that we've known since the early 80's. Friendships are enriching.

Pastor Bob spoke tonight on experiencing the peace of God. After the meeting, Susan and I met the couple behind us, and to our amazement the lady was a fellow staff member from Grace that I worked with in the 1980's!Then I met a couple there from Ohio that the Lord used me keep their marriage together when I was counseling director at Grace over 20 years ago.

The only things of lasting value we take with us to heaven from this life are the relationships we foster. Take time to engage others around you in meaningful conversation. As the years take their toll, it's a pleasurable experience to be with old friends and reminisce about the adventures of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment