Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Precious in the Sight of the Lord

I'm posting this blog today from my Palm Treo. I'm in Heath Springs, SC attending the funeral of an uncle that died Saturday night in his sleep at age 82. He was studying to teach his Sunday school class before retiring for bed on Saturday night. He didn't get up at his normal time on Sunday morning, his wife went to awaken him. He looked to be sleeping peacefully. She found that he had went to be with Jesus during the night!

Psalm 116:15 reads: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. My uncle saw the Lord for the first time face to face early Sunday morning.

If a person has lived a long satisfying life as my uncle David had, this is certainly a wonderful transition from earth to heaven!

His funeral is today at 3 and I'll be driving home later tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment