Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lakeland Florida

I’ve been asked about the Lakeland revival, so let me take a moment here to speak about it. For those who are not aware, there has been a “move of the Spirit” in Lakeland, Florida that has grown from a local church to a local convention center there and is bring broadcast around the world on God.TV via the internet. Todd Bently is the evangelist that ministers. The meetings have been going on for over a month now each night at 7:00 PM. The meetings begin with praise and worship, and they continue to worship until the presence of God manifests. Then the Word of Knowledge and Gifts of Healings manifest and people are healed!

I’ve watched it and it seems genuine. I always look to make sure that Jesus is the center of things when special meetings break out. And I look to see if the Word of God is central to what’s going on. Does what’s happening glorify Jesus and draw believers to Him and holiness and away from the world? Who gets the attention, man or God? From what I’ve seen and heard, this seems to be a wonderful move of the Spirit. It’s certainly “out of the box” for religious folk! I encourage you to check it out on www.God.TV . Once you go there, you’ll be asked to register a user name and password, and you’re on! Then go to the Lakeland Revival link. Let me know what you think!

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is Joey Cagle, commenting here!

    I guess you may have heared I'm in Redding, California now and planning on going to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry this fall. New Beginnings Church sent me out here, and it has been an incredible blessing. Anyway, I've been tuning into the Lakeland revival. I actually have some friends there now. God is totally rocking the place.

    People are bringing back the impartation they get, and God is bringing a new wave of revival to Redding, California too.

    I realize some people are very much not into this revival because of Todd's delivery style. I even talked with someone at your church who wasn't crazy about the revival because of Todd's delivery. But I think instead of being critical, what we need to do is to obey what Jesus told us to do. He told us to preach the gospel, heal the sick, cleanse the leapers, etc. Some people choose to criticize those that are actually doing it instead. I'm glad there are people like you who are open to God moving in the supernatural.

    Todd Bentley may be contreversial, but you know, so was Jesus. The pharisees did not like him. The religious don't like it with God is up to something. The religious don't like it when God actually shows himself to be real, powerful, and someone you can have a personal relationship with.

    ReplyDelete